Description of problem:
I created KVM virtual guest (RHEL5) by Satellite 5 (webui) and the new registered system (guest) has set incorrect IP address. I go to profile of the system and see following information:
IP Address: 10.16.186.64
But networking of created system looks following:
eth0 192.168.122.88 255.255.255.0 192.168.122.255 00:16:3e:2d:13:aa 8139cp
lo 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 00:00:00:00:00:00 loopback
New created KVM system is named by its host - same hostname and IP address.
Problem is only on RHEL5 guest. The version of the host is not important.
It seems as regressions. Because It works good in the past.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
only guest RHEL 5
Steps to Reproduce:
1. created kvm guest RHEL5 by webui
2. look at created profile on web
3. incorrect IP address on hardware profile
incorrect IP address on profile
correct IP address on system profile
Same problem I see on Fedoras with spacewalk nightly packages"
This incorrect IP is only reported from RHEL 5 guest which has same hostname as it's host. After I changed hostname and executed rhn-profile-sync, IP was updated to correct one.
This is bug in RHEL 5 version of rhn-client-tools package, this bug doesn't seem to be reproducible using upstream version.
As this bug
* is reproducible only under circumstances not likely to be in production environment (same hostname for host and guest)
* is in RHEL 5 package (in ELS state, no next release is planned)
* doesn't have any customer cases attached
I'm inclined to close this bug.