Bugzilla (bugzilla.redhat.com) will be under maintenance for infrastructure upgrades and will not be available on July 31st between 12:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC. We appreciate your understanding and patience. You can follow status.redhat.com for details.
Bug 1421123 - [Doc RFE] Document instructions regarding how to install CNS 3.5 to an OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 system from a client machine.
Summary: [Doc RFE] Document instructions regarding how to install CNS 3.5 to an OpenSh...
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Gluster Storage
Classification: Red Hat
Component: doc-Container_Native_Storage_with_OpenShift
Version: cns-3.5
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
: CNS 3.5
Assignee: Divya
QA Contact: krishnaram Karthick
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: 1415610
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2017-02-10 12:11 UTC by Anjana Suparna Sriram
Modified: 2017-11-17 05:29 UTC (History)
10 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed:
Target Upstream Version:
divya: needinfo-
divya: needinfo-


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Anjana Suparna Sriram 2017-02-10 12:11:47 UTC
Additional info:

Comment 5 Humble Chirammal 2017-04-03 09:24:14 UTC
(In reply to Divya from comment #4)
> Humble,
> 

> 
> A. Manual Deployment -
> http://ccs-jenkins.gsslab.brq.redhat.com:8080/job/doc-
> Red_Hat_Gluster_Storage-3.5-Container_Native_Storage_with_OpenShift_Platform-
> branch-BZ-1421123-install_3.5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tmp/en-US/html-
> single/index.html#chap-Documentation-
> Red_Hat_Gluster_Storage_Container_Native_with_OpenShift_Platform-
> Manual_Deployment
> 



Are we keeping the manual deployment methods for CNS 3.5 ? May be Rejy/prasanth can help here ?

Comment 9 Divya 2017-04-10 09:50:43 UTC
Ashiq,

I have updated the installation steps based on our discussion. Could you please review the updated guide and let me know if this is fine?

Updated guide: http://ccs-jenkins.gsslab.brq.redhat.com:8080/job/doc-Red_Hat_Gluster_Storage-3.5-Container_Native_Storage_with_OpenShift_Platform-branch-BZ-1421123-install_3.5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tmp/en-US/html-single/index.html

Thanks!

Comment 10 Mohamed Ashiq 2017-04-11 11:54:27 UTC
(In reply to Divya from comment #9)
> Ashiq,
> 
> I have updated the installation steps based on our discussion. Could you
> please review the updated guide and let me know if this is fine?
> 
> Updated guide:
> http://ccs-jenkins.gsslab.brq.redhat.com:8080/job/doc-
> Red_Hat_Gluster_Storage-3.5-Container_Native_Storage_with_OpenShift_Platform-
> branch-BZ-1421123-install_3.5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tmp/en-US/html-
> single/index.html
> 
> Thanks!

Looks good to me.

Thanks for doing requested changes quick.

Comment 12 krishnaram Karthick 2017-04-13 07:18:11 UTC
There is a lot of reference of 3.4 in this doc   

For eg, 

You can use the OpenShift Master as a client to execute the oc commands across the cluster when installing OpenShift. Generally, this is setup as a non-scheduled node in the cluster. This is the default configuration when using the OpenShift installer. You can also choose to install their client on their local machine to access the cluster remotely. For more information, see https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/openshift-container-platform/3.4/single/cli-reference/#installing-the-cli.  

Can you please change all the references of 3.4 to 3.5 now that 3.5 doc is live?

Comment 13 Divya 2017-04-13 07:35:10 UTC
The task of replacing all links references from OCP 3.4 to OCP 3.5 and RHGS 3.1 to RHGS 3.2 guides  is tracked here: https://trello.com/c/sX1NcFj3/31-rebase-task-replace-all-the-existing-version-numbers-to-rhgs-3-2-and-ocp-3-5-all-the-links-references-to-ocp-3-4-guides-should-b 

I and Bhavana will take this up after we finish our work on CNS 3.5 doc bugs.

Comment 14 krishnaram Karthick 2017-04-13 10:34:06 UTC
1) Please change the output for 'oc get templates'

oc get templates
NAME            DESCRIPTION                          PARAMETERS    OBJECTS
deploy-heketi   Bootstrap Heketi installation        2 (2 blank)   3
glusterfs       GlusterFS DaemonSet template         0 (all set)   1
heketi          Heketi service deployment template   2 (2 blank)   3

2) Execute the following command to deploy heketi: 

should be,

Execute the following command to deploy deploy-heketi: 

3) why have we placed the following note? shouldn't this be under troubleshooting guide?

 If the Trusted Storage Pool where the heketidbstorage volume is created is down, then the Heketi service will not work. Hence, you must ensure that the Trusted Storage Pool is up before running heketi-cli.

Comment 15 Mohamed Ashiq 2017-04-13 11:27:43 UTC
(In reply to krishnaram Karthick from comment #14)
> 1) Please change the output for 'oc get templates'
> 
> oc get templates
> NAME            DESCRIPTION                          PARAMETERS    OBJECTS
> deploy-heketi   Bootstrap Heketi installation        2 (2 blank)   3
> glusterfs       GlusterFS DaemonSet template         0 (all set)   1
> heketi          Heketi service deployment template   2 (2 blank)   3
> 
> 2) Execute the following command to deploy heketi: 
> 
> should be,
> 
> Execute the following command to deploy deploy-heketi: 
> 
> 3) why have we placed the following note? shouldn't this be under
> troubleshooting guide?
> 
>  If the Trusted Storage Pool where the heketidbstorage volume is created is
> down, then the Heketi service will not work. Hence, you must ensure that the
> Trusted Storage Pool is up before running heketi-cli.

The comment three about the note.

The note was added before troubleshoot guide was added to the doc. So that the customer is aware the heketi-cli commands will not work if the trusted storage pool is down. This information will not harm anyone and troubleshooting guide if we move this shouldn'twe mention what to do in this case?

Comment 16 krishnaram Karthick 2017-04-13 11:54:36 UTC
> > 3) why have we placed the following note? shouldn't this be under
> > troubleshooting guide?
> > 
> >  If the Trusted Storage Pool where the heketidbstorage volume is created is
> > down, then the Heketi service will not work. Hence, you must ensure that the
> > Trusted Storage Pool is up before running heketi-cli.
> 
> The comment three about the note.
> 
> The note was added before troubleshoot guide was added to the doc. So that
> the customer is aware the heketi-cli commands will not work if the trusted
> storage pool is down.

Now that we have troubleshooting guide, wouldn't it be better to put that is meant for troubleshooting under it? 

> This information will not harm anyone and troubleshooting guide if we move this shouldn'twe mention what to do in this
> case?

That note looks ill-placed. We obviously should let user know what has to be done in this case :-) 

IMO, The note either has to be removed or moved to troubleshooting guide section.

Comment 17 Divya 2017-04-13 13:55:31 UTC
(In reply to krishnaram Karthick from comment #14)
> 1) Please change the output for 'oc get templates'
> 
> oc get templates
> NAME            DESCRIPTION                          PARAMETERS    OBJECTS
> deploy-heketi   Bootstrap Heketi installation        2 (2 blank)   3
> glusterfs       GlusterFS DaemonSet template         0 (all set)   1
> heketi          Heketi service deployment template   2 (2 blank)   3
> 

I have updated the "oc get templates" output.

> 2) Execute the following command to deploy heketi: 
> 
> should be,
> 
> Execute the following command to deploy deploy-heketi: 

I have updated the text.

> 
> 3) why have we placed the following note? shouldn't this be under
> troubleshooting guide?
> 
>  If the Trusted Storage Pool where the heketidbstorage volume is created is
> down, then the Heketi service will not work. Hence, you must ensure that the
> Trusted Storage Pool is up before running heketi-cli.

Deleted the note.

Link to the updated doc: http://ccs-jenkins.gsslab.brq.redhat.com:8080/job/doc-Red_Hat_Gluster_Storage-3.5-Container_Native_Storage_with_OpenShift_Platform-branch-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tmp/en-US/html-single/index.html

Moving the bug back ON_QA.

Comment 18 krishnaram Karthick 2017-04-13 15:18:03 UTC
Looks good to me, moving the bug to verified.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.