Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12163 has been resolved.
Steps to reproduce/test:
1) send a puppet facts including some custom fact
2) send the same but without custom fact, that should remove values from DB but the fact name remains in DB
3) run foreman-rake facts:clean
4) the output should print the number of deleted fact names without values
5) if you had log level set to debug you should see deleted fact names in production.log
Verified on Satellite - 6.3.0 snap 10.
Custom facts are hidden when they are removed from on the reporting hosts and are cleaned out when running the rake task.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.