3. What is the nature and description of the request?
To provide a more full proof backup
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer has run into the issue of database corruption. It wasn't until the database corruption started causing issues that the issue was noticed. Backups also contained the corruption.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
In the event that the binary dbfiles are corrupted, having the full schema provides a secondary restore avenue.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
As soon as possible
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Add schema to full backup if dbfiles are corrupted by jcpunk · Pull Request #373 · Katello/katello-packaging
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18925 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18925 has been resolved.
Customer for case 01792246 is prepared to accept and test this whenever engineering gets a fix prepared for the katello-backup
[root@cloud-qe-15 backups]# rpm -q satellite
[root@cloud-qe-15 v2]# katello-backup /tmp/backups/with_schema --logical-db-backup
Starting backup: 2017-09-21 19:13:52 -0400
Creating backup folder /tmp/backups/with_schema/katello-backup-20170921191353
Generating metadata ...
Backing up config files...
Backing up postgres online schema...
Backing up mongo online schema...
Done with backup: 2017-09-21 19:16:45 -0400
**** BACKUP Complete, contents can be found in: /tmp/backups/with_schema/katello-backup-20170921191353 ****
[root@cloud-qe-15 backups]# ls -a /tmp/backups/with_schema/katello-backup-20170921191353/*dump
. .. admin pulp_database test
Dump files added by https://github.com/Katello/katello-packaging/pull/373/ are present.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.