Created attachment 1259423 [details]
duplicate project on overview when create new projects
Description of problem:
New project created from Project page is missing from Project page and duplicate on Overview page.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a project by "New Project" from Projects page, input a name for new project and hit "Create"
2. Go to Overview page by clicking Overview from left panel.
3. Refresh Overview page
1. There is not new project display on Project page.
2. There is duplicated project listed on Overview page. Top-right corner shows "Ooops!"
3. Project display correctly.
1. New project should be displayed on Project page as soon as new project created.
2. There should be new project listed correctly on Overview page, not duplicated project name.
If create a project on Overview page, there is no project duplication, but go to Projects page and go back to Overview page by left panel, the issue in Actual step 2 could be seen.
I was unable to reproduce with cockpit 126 or 139 (on Fedora 25). New project displayed correctly everywhere both before and after refresh. Are you still able to reproduce? If so can you add any console output you get to the ticket. If there is an oops, something should be there.
Created attachment 1275544 [details]
screen record for cockpit 135
Very strange, same steps don't reproduce it for me. What version of origin/openshift is the registry running against?
Version: Cockpit 135
1. Create project on project page, go to Overview directly, duplicated project is seen.
2. Create project on Overview page, go to project page and then go back, duplicated project is seen
3. Refresh Overview page, duplicated project is gone, (but can not delete existed projects)
Cockpit Version 135.
Licensed under: GNU LGPL version 2.1
OpenShift Master: v18.104.22.168
Kubernetes Master: v1.5.2+43a9be4
Thanks able to reproduce now. This is caused by the selfLink regression in openshift.
I'll see if this warrents a fix to cockpit or if we can rely on it getting fixed in openshift.
Since this is now fixed upstream in kubernetes https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/44462. I think it's reasonable to get that fix backported.
Based on discussion in the issue it looks like andy's team has been owning getting this fixed, reassigning to them.
This will be fixed in 3.6 via https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/14001. Do we need this backported to 3.5.x?
I would recommend that we do. Broken selfLinks will cause a lot of other regressions in the registry. But I'll leave it up to PM to make the call.
Eric, backport yes/no?
Not reproduce on 3.6
Cockpit Version 131.
Since it need to backport to OCP 3.5, tested on v22.214.171.124
It is blocked by bug 1457141
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.