1. Proposed title of this feature request
- Show upgradable package count in Content Hosts list and at the Content Host page
- Allow upgrade of packages from a central point like in Content => Errata
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Some external repositories and self created rpm packages do not provide any errata information.
When repo informations are updated the packages are synced into Satellite 6 but the customer is
not able to see if there is an update available for a package.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
The customer is not able to see if rpm packages without errata informations are up to date.
This was possible in Satellite 5 and is missing in Satellite 6.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
To allow a customer to see which packages are out of date and install the newer rpm package a new
function needs to be created to
a. detect which packages are not up to date and
b. update the Content View(s) with the newer package
c. deploy the newer package if the older package is installed on a system
The new functionality should be like in Content => Errata where you see the upgradable package,
select the Content Hosts and, if required, update the Content View(s) to a new sub-version of
the Content View(s).
Comment: (A) was already half finished in . But it only shows the packages in the Content Host tab, not in the
Content Host list (Hosts => Content Hosts)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
For a: This was already finished upstream in http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16724
For b: Create a selector in Content => Packages to show only upgradable packages
For c: Function is already available via Content Host page
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Partly in .
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Yes, limited testing would be available
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16724 has been resolved.
Verified in Satellite 6.3 Beta.
The vast majority of the requested functionality has been delivered as described.
See attached screenshots for:
Package Updates count on the Content Hosts page.
Applicable Packages list on the individual content host's page.
Packages can not only be managed on an individual content host basis, but also in bulk actions.
A user can use these new changes to install a package update on multiple hosts with the following workflow.
1. Navigate to Content -> Packages
2. Search for the package you want to upgrade
2-alt. Click the check boxes to select a package that is Applicable/Upgradable
3. In the package details, click the applicable hosts link
This takes you to a filtered content host page.
4. Click the 'Select Action' drop down and then Manage Packages
5. Enter the package name in the text box, and click the upgrade button.
See attached screenshot
Created attachment 1368143 [details]
Created attachment 1368144 [details]
Created attachment 1368145 [details]
bulk install package
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.