1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] set release version of a content host via bulk action
2. In non-public update...
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When doing a bulk action on content hosts, the "Content Host Content" tab allows you to set the Lifecycle Environment and Content View, but not the Release Version. This is possible when changing the host one-by-one.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Moving hundreds of servers from one Release to another without changing it one-by-one.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Add "release version" field to the bulk action dialog for content.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Have a content host in Satellite, select it, click bulk action, click content, set the release version.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
Not that I would be aware of
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
No, but 6.2.z would be nice.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/20583 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to paji
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/20583 has been resolved.
Tested with sat6.3 GA snap27
Nothing happens on UI on selecting the "Set Release version" from bulk actions, and see following error in "developer tools"
bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:2 Error: [$injector:unpr] Unknown provider: NotificationProvider <- Notification <- ContentHostsBulkReleaseVersionModalController
at Object.r [as get] (bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:1)
at r (bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:1)
at a (bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:1)
at Object.o [as invoke] (bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:1)
at c.instance (bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:2)
at o (bastion-fdb3a220e59a…935485bc360516.js:3)
Created attachment 1363170 [details]
error in dev-tools console on selecting "set release version" from bulk actions
Being tracked in https://gitlab.sat.lab.tlv.redhat.com/satellite6/katello/merge_requests/413
Verified with satellite 6.3 snap29.
I can set release version on multiple content hosts through bulk action and task was completed successfully. Please see the attached screenshot.
Created attachment 1370805 [details]
set release version through bulk actions on content hosts works
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.