Bug 143668 - Latest PHP update for FC2 breaks pcntl support
Summary: Latest PHP update for FC2 breaks pcntl support
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: php   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 2
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
low
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Joe Orton
QA Contact: David Lawrence
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2004-12-23 16:57 UTC by Julian W H Osborne
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:10 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-01-05 09:07:19 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Julian W H Osborne 2004-12-23 16:57:03 UTC
Description of problem:
I've just updated my fc2 system with the latest php update and
although when you look at phpinfo it shows pcntl support as being
enabled it doesn't seem to work, which unfortunately means it has also
broken one of our applications  :-(

I've checked using function_exists and this returns false.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The build date acoring to phpinfo is "Dec 21 2004 10:30:44"
Other php info:
PHP API     20020918
PHP Extension     20020429
Zend Extension     20021010


How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. use any of the pnctl functions
2.
3.
  
Actual results:
pcntl functions not working

Expected results:
pcntl functions working

Additional info:

Comment 1 Joe Orton 2005-01-04 15:31:33 UTC
The pcntl extension was never enabled in the FC2 or 3 php package and
should not show up in phpinfo.  What's the output of:

rpm -q php
rpm -V php


Comment 2 Julian W H Osborne 2005-01-04 15:47:38 UTC
rpm -q php
php-4.3.10-2.4

rpm -V php
S.5....T  c /etc/php.ini


Comment 3 Julian W H Osborne 2005-01-05 09:07:19 UTC
I've rebuild the rpm from source and include enable-pcntl and all
seems to be working now.  Must have done it in the past based on what
you posted earlier, just no recollection of ever doing it!!

Thanks for the help


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.