Description of problem:
Adding POWER8 hosts to 4.1 Engine via the WebUI fails since collectd-disk cannot be found
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
otopi.context context.dumpEnvironment:770 ENV INFO/PACKAGE_VERSION=str:'1.6.0'
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install a CentOS 7.3 ppc64le host
2. install ovirt-release41 RPM
3. create PPC cluster in oVirt 4.1 if missing
4. add a new host to the PPC cluster, leave all defaults
Setup fails with error:
Failed to install Host host1. Failed to execute stage 'Package installation': Package collectd-disk cannot be found.
host deployed successfully
# yum search collectd-disk
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: linux.mirrors.es.net
* ovirt-4.1: resources.ovirt.org
* ovirt-4.1-epel: linux.mirrors.es.net
Warning: No matches found for: collectd-disk
No matches found
Out of curiosity I generated an RPM using fakeprovide to see if this is the only package missing but there seems to be more, such as:
After generating and installing a few more fakes I was able to get the host added.
Can these be made optional and not fail the install?
This will be fixed for now by not failing deploy on the missing packages.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1443508 ***