Description of problem:
Some 3rd party software requires libipvs.a and libipvs.h to build.
This is built as part of ipvsadm's build process, but the files are
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install ipvsadm-1.21-9.ipvs108
2. look for libipvs.a and libipvs.h
3. notice that they are missing
The files are not installed.
The library and header files should either be included in the ipvsadm
package, or they should be installed as a separate -devel package.
Sending to owner of ipvsadm
After looking, it's not designed to be installed for general
consumption; it's for internal use of the ipvsadm tool.
There are some problems which will need to be fixed upstream before a
-devel package will be provided, mainly:
- reentrancy/thread-safety issues
- corresponding dynamic library (mostly build related)