From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5)
Description of problem:
This version of devlabel will not identify the SCSI drives that exist
on my system. This may be due to the output of scsi_unique_id being
different between the two packages.
Rolling back to version 0.42 of the package has fixed the problem for now.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set up devlabel 0.42 to symlink to a SCSI disk.
2. 'devlabel reload'
3. Link is OK
4. Upgrade to devlabel 0.48
5. 'devlabel reload'
6. Link is removed, devlabel doesn't see SCSI disk.
Actual Results: Lost symlink to SCSI devices.
Expected Results: Devlabel should have created symlinks.
What is the difference in the output of scsi_unique_id between the two
I am having the same problem on the x86_64 platform. I noticed that
the new version of devlabel puts a space in the id. It appears to be
between the two page 83 type 3 lines from scsi_unique_id.
The output of my scsi unique id is:
model: IFT A16F-R1211
page83 type3: 600d023000656767000002680c1ea300
page83 type3: 200000d023600002
page83 type0: 1100000000656767000000000000000000000000
the output from devlabel printid:
I noticed in the code that the 'tr -d "\n"' has been remove after the
sed statement. I think this is causing the problem. See below for the
line of code from get_id()
- if ID=`echo "$scsi_unique_id" | grep "page83 type3:" | sed
's/page83 type3: //' | tr -d "\n"` && [ -n "$ID" ]; then
+ if ID=`echo "$scsi_unique_id" | grep "page83 type3:" | sed
's/page83 type3: //'` && ID="`echo $ID`" && [ -n "$ID" ]; then
I added the tr -d "\n" back in and this fixed the problem here.
Bill, sorry I can't regenerate the 0.48 output because it's a
production system and I needed to get it running; so I'm stuck with
0.42 for now.
Phillip, thanks for the fix, I will try this during the next system
Created attachment 109446 [details]
patch for this and other issues
Does this work for you?
Will try the patch during next scheduled downtime on 12th Jan.
Created attachment 109472 [details]
fix for devlabel-fixes.patch
After I fixed a missing ` in the patch, it worked for me. The new patch
Created attachment 109479 [details]
Actually, you want to remove the other backtick.
Thanks for spotting that, BTW.
New patch works here.
New patch works, many thanks.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.