Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 144981
Applications always open new window not a tab (ignoring preferences)
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:58 EST
Description of problem:
Script /usr/bin/firefox doesn't open given link in a new tab (set
correctly in preferences) but in a new window. Script
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0/firefox works fine.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run firefox
2. set it to load new links opened by an application to a new tab
3. from shell run firefox again with some link
Firefox opens a new window with given link.
New tab should be opened in the old window.
To solve this issue try:
rm -f /usr/bin/firefox
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
This works for me.
Does not work for me.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open in GNOME "gnome-default-application-properties"
2. change browser to "firefox -remote 'openURL(%s,new-tab)'
3. Maybe click a link in evolution
no windows is opening and no tab
new tab is opening
Works via command line. Is this a GNOME problem?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 138789 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.