Asserting on the length of received control packets can lead to unauthenticated denial of service when received control packet is too large.
This issue affects OpenVPN 2.3.12 and newer.
openvpn 2.3: https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/commit/feb35ee5ca
openvpn 2.4: https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/commit/66b99a0753
Name: the OpenVPN project
Updated in Fedora/Fedora EPEL:
* F-24: (in progress, will be updated to 2.3.15)
* F-25: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-0d0f18140a
* F-26: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-89d98779ec
* EL6: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-6ee18d1c7b
* EPEL7: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-c9f915d837
Created openvpn tracking bugs for this issue:
Affects: epel-all [bug 1451001]
Affects: fedora-all [bug 1451000]
This CVE Bugzilla entry is for community support informational purposes only as it does not affect a package in a commercially supported Red Hat product. Refer to the dependent bugs for status of those individual community products.