Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 145127
Error: invalid assignment left-hand side (saved.models.js.cgi)
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:18:12 EDT
Description of problem:
After we created a new spec, the main iSpec page would no longer fully load. We
would see the header, but none of the tabs were displayed.
Error: invalid assignment left-hand side
Source file http://10.0.125.1/ispec/cgi-bin/saved.models.js.cgi Line 88
f.field__disk.multi-volumes_8.value = âonâ;
I decided to delete the following line from cgi-data.pl for our newly created model
'field__disk_multi-volumes_8' => 'on',
Once deleted, the error moved to f.field__disk.multi-volumes_7.value = âonâ;
When we deleted all such lines, the main page once again loaded successfully.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Marking it an errata blocker. Is this a problem with the GM release of iSpec
Yes, sorry I put in the wrong version. We just updated this morning.
[root@m0125 ~]# rpm -qa ispec
What does "errata blocker" mean?
it means it's scheduled for next errata release.
I'm just not sure, so it would be helpful to know. How often are "errata
releases?" Should we expect the fix soon? Or before RHEL4 official release?
If not, is it acceptable to delete the lines like we did in order to work-around
We will schedule an errata based on the severity of bugs reported against iSpec
(if we get critical bugs, we'll push something out sooner). We don't have enough
feedback yet to make that decision.
Deleting the lines as a work-around is OK. Note that iSpec is not mandatory for
certification; it's a tool to help you configure RHR and testing more
efficiently. So the key here is to make sure that the kickstart file you use to
test the system is properly generated and has the right set of tests that cover
This is a bug in js/_disk.js; dash ('-') is apparently not a valid character for
'multivolume' and 'multipath' seems to prevent this from happening.
If there's bad data in cgi-data.pl which causes the form to fail to load, you
can fix it by running the following, as root:
perl -p -i.bad -e 's/multi-(volume|path)/multi\1/g' */cgi-data.pl
chown apache.apache */cgi-data.pl
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.