Description of problem:
[netApps SMB-server] [smb-Client]
| =SMB 2= |
| =STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED=> | Drops Connection
| <=TCP Fin= |
Either there should be option to disable the option to revalidate server capabilities by sending FSCTL_VALIDATE_NEGOTIATE_INFO.
OR smbclient should not drop the connection after getting STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED from samba-server.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure samba server not having SMB3 enabled, speciafically returing STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED for FSCTL_VALIDATE_NEGOTIATE_INFO request.
2. Connect using smbclient. client will send FSCTL_VALIDATE_NEGOTIATE_INFO.
3. On reception of STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED, client will drop the connection
Connection should not be dropped
We have a patch for this. We could create a test package for this. Can the customer test the patch and report feedback?
Customer is willing to test the patch in his Test Env.
I would be looking forward for 1 patch having code changes for:
1. Current bugzilla. (as you mentioned you have patch)
2. And this https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1452028 Also.
This bug is not part of RHEL 7.4. As you can see it is considered for RHEL 7.5. We did not get positive feedback that the fix works in time ...
Since Issue appeared in 7.3 and we provided test packs having "samba-libs-4.6.2-4.1.el7.x86_64", which was released on 7.4
Hence customer was expecting fix on 7.4, since samba-4.6 is part of 7.4.
Even in comment#6 you mentioned to run test-rpms on 7.4.
But now fix is not in 7.4, what rest can be done?
*** Bug 1452028 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.