Description of problem:
I run a dual head display which I configured after setting up the
system and logging on to my account. The dual head is set up as a
spanning desktop, and I have windows spanning the two displays. I only
have the default top and bottom panels on the left screen and no
panels on the right which is how the system set it up.
If I have two open windows, one on the left screen and one on the
right, only the window on the same screen as the panel shows up in the
window list applet. If I move the right window over then it appears
in the window list. This is a change from fc2 where the single window
list would show all widows over all screens.
After experimentation I realized that if I added another panel on the
right screen with its own window list applet then the window would
show up there.
This is a confusing change from FC2 to FC3 (I'm guessing arising from
the change from gnome 2.6 to 2.8) that appears to leave a user on a
spanning dual display with a broken window list application. If there
is only one window list applet it should show all windows on all
screens. The behavior of only showing the windows on the same screen
should only occur if there is a window list applet on the other screen.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. setup a system and login as a user
2. configure dual head display as spanning desktops
3. put a window on the screen with no panel
window list applet only shows windows on that screen
window list applet should have shown all windows.
I should add that the reason that this is pretty important to me is
that I VNC into my machine regularly and VNC only shows the left
screen which happens to have all the panels. When a new window is
created it sometimes appears on the screen VNC doesn't show. With FC2
behavior at least I could move the new window by issuing a move action
throught he window list applet. With this new behavior I can't get to
the window at all now.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 138874 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.