Description of problem:
[RFE] OSD: Add heartbeat message for Jumbo Frames(MTU 900)
- When we have jumbo frames enabled in cluster network and if MTU is not configured properly like the recommendation is all interconnecting network gear must also have jumbo frames enabled but if any device is misconfigured for jumbo frames then we see a lot of issues like peering stuck, slow requests and backfilling not progressing.
- And the issue is we do not see heartbeat timeout messages in the OSD logs because heartbeat messages packet size is below 1500.
- We checked the communication issue with below command:
# ping -W 2 -I <interface> -M do -s <pkt size> <IP address>
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3.2
Can you please provide steps to recreate this bug and verification steps too.
Manohar, reproduction steps are as follows:
* Configure OSD and MON nodes to use jumbo frames ( typically, 9000 byte MTU )
* Configure interconnecting switch gear to *NOT* allow jumbo frames ( typically configured for 1500 byte MTU )
* Start MON and OSD processes
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.