Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1459647
[RFE] Min and Max Criteria for Replication Controllers
Last modified: 2018-03-12 09:54:36 EDT
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
As an Openshift Administrator, I want to be able to specify a hard min (and max) for the number of PODs I expect to be available. This would prevent a dc/rc from being scaled below or above the min/max for a particular application.
This is similar in nature to the min/max settings on the HPA. In the HPA case, you are still able to scale below the min. After a period of time, it would be automatically scaled back up again.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This would allow developers to provide guidance on the min / max requirements their application needs and prevent it from being scaled outside of a desired operational range.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Adding a min/max option to the replication controller.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Can not scale below the min.
Can not scale above the max
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
10. List any affected packages or components.
This bug has been identified as a dated (created more than 3 months ago) bug.
This bug has been triaged (has a trello card linked to it), or reviewed by Engineering/PM and has been put into the product backlog,
however this bug has not been slated for a currently planned release (3.9, 3.10 or 3.11), which cover our releases for the rest of the calendar year.
As a result of this bugs age, state on the current roadmap and PM Score (being below 70), this bug is being Closed - Differed,
as it is currently not part of the products immediate priorities.
Please see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zdqF4rB3ea8GmVIZ7qWCVYUaQ7-EexUrQEF0MTwdDkw/edit for more details.