Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1459698
[RFE] Service Name and/or Route Name for Registry in Default dockercfg secrets
Last modified: 2018-01-25 16:56:47 EST
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Service Name and/or Route Name for Registry in Default dockercfg secrets
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Customer would like to refer to images via the docker-registry service name and/or docker-registry route hostname in their dc's, rc's, and templates. This causes issues because the dockercfg that is automatically created for each project only refers to the registry svc ip address. This was noticed in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1448217 where it was suggested to open an RFE if it is desired to have svc name or route used.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Ease of use, not being forced to use an ip address for image names, etc.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Automatically update dockercfg to use docker-registry.default.svc.cluster.local, and when this is exposed to also include the hostname
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Create a dc with service name (which is routable in the cluster already) or exposed hostname, image can pull automatically without manually changing dockercfg.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
10. List any affected packages or components.