Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1459792
ovirt uri cannot be saved after connecting to guest successfully
Last modified: 2018-04-10 04:51:23 EDT
Description of problem:
ovirt uri cannot be saved after connecting to guest successfully.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run "remote-viewer --ovirt-ca-file=xxx ovirt://xxxx/xxxx" to connect to a guest succesfully.
2. Run "remote-viewer --ovirt-ca-file=xxx", check the recent connections in recent dialog.
The ovirt uri is not listed in recent dialog.
The ovirt uri should be listed in recent dialog.
Created attachment 1286065 [details]
virt-viewer debug log
Patch sent to mailing list, waiting for review.
Pushed upstream as 6608c0dd60fbf3a762a21a4d039fefc75c040406.
Now there is a problem, when the guest specified in ovirt url doesn't exist in rhevm, a dialog will pop up and ask you to select one if rhevm has running guests. And then if you select one and connect to it successfully, remote-viewer will remember the wrong ovirt url.
You can ignore the invalid url or correct the wrong guest name to the guest name you selected.
I prefer to correct it automatically.
(In reply to xiaodwan from comment #10)
> Now there is a problem, when the guest specified in ovirt url doesn't exist
> in rhevm, a dialog will pop up and ask you to select one if rhevm has
> running guests. And then if you select one and connect to it successfully,
> remote-viewer will remember the wrong ovirt url.
> You can ignore the invalid url or correct the wrong guest name to the guest
> name you selected.
> I prefer to correct it automatically.
This is something to think about, some similar use cases could be:
1) There is no VM specified with the URI. This will also show the VM selection dialog and should we save the URI as specified by the command line or include the selected VM?
2) VM exists but is down, the selection dialog will also be shown, and if user selects different VM?
3) Username is specified in the URI, but user changes it in the dialog asking for the password, which should be saved?
The problem in this bug has been fixed in virt-viewer-5.0-9.el7.x86_64.
For other problems, i filed a new bug to track them.
Bug 1517040 - RFE: improve the logic when saving ovirt url
So move the bug from ON_QA to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.