Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1461184
Citrix NetScaler driver for LBaaS V2 has missing dependency file.
Last modified: 2017-10-31 13:43:29 EDT
Description of problem :
After enabling Citrix NetScaler driver for LBaaSv2, neutron-server doesn't start up. After checking the neutron server log file, it was found that a file - ncc_client.py - included in the driver is missing or points to a folder that was removed during the removal of LBaaSV1 from OSP 10. (a possible fix is also suggested towards the end of this report)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add lbaasv2 to service_plugins in neutron.conf
2. Add LOADBALANCERV2:NetScaler:neutron_lbaas.drivers.netscaler.netscaler_driver_v2.NetScalerPluginDriver:default to service_provider in neutron_lbaas.conf
3. Add a new section named [netscaler_driver] to neutron_lbaas.conf with following parameters
netscaler_ncc_uri = http://<controlcenter_ip>:80
netscaler_ncc_username = openstack_driver
netscaler_ncc_password = <password>
netscaler_ncc_cleanup_mode = False
periodic_task_interval = 20
4. Try restarting using systemctl restart neutron-server.
5. Check /var/log/neutron/server.log. You will see Python import error for ncc_client
neutron-server stays down with error saying ncc_client module not found.
neutron-server should start normally and LBaaSV2 service should be available through which new LB can be provisioned.
I have done a workaround or probably a fix by copying neutron_lbaas/services/loadbalancer/drivers/netscaler/ncc_client.py from mitaka release to /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutron_lbaas/drivers/netscaler/ and updating line 29 of /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutron_lbaas/drivers/netscaler/netscaler_driver_v2.py with correct path to ncc_client.py . neutron-server starts with out any issue after that and was able to communicate with netscaler.
Fix merged in upstream.
1. you specified that you specify LOADBALANCERV2:NetScaler:neutron_lbaas.drivers.netscaler.netscaler_driver_v2.NetScalerPluginDriver:default as service_provider in neutron_lbaas.conf , shouldn't this be NetScalerLoadBalancerDriverV2?
I don't see NetScalerPluginDriver in osp11 (stable/ocata) nor in upstream master.
2. Would a backport of your patch to OSP11 solve to usage issue for this driver?
1. You are right it should be NetScalerLoadBalancerDriverV2. it was a typo, sorry.
The code is now merged into Stable/Pike. https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/blob/stable/pike/neutron_lbaas/drivers/netscaler/
2. I guess so.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.