Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1461330
package pam_pkcs11 is not installed by anaconda hardening
Last modified: 2017-11-16 10:34:16 EST
Description of problem:
SCAP Security Guide can be used for installation of hardened system, selected in anaconda configuration screen. Output of this should be system prepared for use.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install machine using example ospp kickstart shipped with SSG
2. fail to log in (Login incorrect immediately after providing user name)
3. install machine using example ospp_kickstart, adding pam_pkcs11 and esc packages
4. be able to log in as admin user
pam_pkcs11 is not installed by anaconda
pam_pkcs11 is installed by anaconda and admin user can be logged in
Anaconda remediation for is missing for xccdf_org.ssgproject.content_rule_smartcard_auth
Profiles affected by this issue:
- PCI-DSS v3 Control Baseline for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- DISA STIG for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- STIG for Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor
- United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB / STIG) - DRAFT
- Unclassified Information in Non-federal Information Systems and Organizations (NIST 800-171)
The bug was fixed upstream in https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/pull/2083
Verified manually on version scap-security-guide-0.1.33-5.el7, that anaconda kickstart is successfully updated to contain aide package. I was able to log in as an admin user defined during installation.
Note: Profile selected in anaconda was xccdf_org.ssgproject.content_profile_nist-800-171-cui
Note a copy paste error in Comment 4, the important packages to be included were "pam_pkcs11" and "esc". Not aide.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
*** Bug 1404842 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***