Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1463318
[GSS] [RFE] Improve gluster get-state output format
Last modified: 2018-04-20 20:05:41 EDT
What problem/issue/behavior are you having trouble with? What do you expect to see?
Please improve output of 'gluster get-state' command.
- Use standard format. Current output looks like INI file, but with ":" instead of "="
- Add support for other output formats XML (--xml switch is not working) / YAML / JSON
- Add local brick device paths (for example /dev/mapper/something)
- Add local brick disk usage info
- Add overall gluster volume disk usage (if it will not cause additional overhead by contacting peers)
- Add local brick heal entries info (if it will not cause additional overhead by contacting peers)
From the customer:
1) other format can be generated on user request by adding another command param (same as with --xml) -> it will not break old RHCS integration.
2) ovirt based console 'is' or 'is going to be' deprecated. So default format can be changed later and
3) I'd like to see an option to be able to send output to stdout. get-state command behaves differently than other 'gluster *' commands
IMHO... to make things consistent: Get-state should defaults to stdout (like other gluster *) and should be able to create output file in different formats (INI,YAML,XML,JSON...) when appropriate parameter is used. We'd like to see native support for more output formats by default. I hope, this will happen at least in glusterd2.