Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1464610
Service Requests are not seen by user in Global Region
Last modified: 2018-03-06 09:56:59 EST
Description of problem:
In a multi-region setup where services are ordered from the global region (central administration), the service requests are not visible to the user who made the request.
The requests are replicated to the global as expected, and can be seen by the admin user, but a normal user with RBAC cannot see the service requests. If the user logs into the lower region the service request is able to be seen.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Deploy a multi-region environment with authentication setup to be able to use central administration
2. Add a group that has a non-admin role (e.g. EvmRole-user_self_service)
2. Create a Service Catalog Item in the lower region and enable it to be seen by the above created group
3. Login to the Global Region OPS UI or SUI as a user in the above group and order the Catalog Item.
4. Find that the request is not shown in the Global Region
5. Login to the lower region OPS UI or SUI as the user and find that the user can see the request.
6. Login to the Global region OPS or SUI as the admin user find that the request can be seen.
A user is not able to see their requests from the Global region.
A user is able to see their requests from the Global region.
After fixing BZ: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1468285, where users
are unable to log into the global region, the issue described in the BZ was encountered by the user.
This BZ will be used to track the issue where the end user is unable to see catalog item from global ui.
New commit detected on ManageIQ/manageiq-ui-classic/master:
Author: Yuri Rudman <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: Thu Jul 20 08:38:58 2017 -0400
Commit: Yuri Rudman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CommitDate: Thu Jul 20 08:38:58 2017 -0400
make request visible to all users who have the same userid as requster
app/controllers/miq_request_controller.rb | 14 ++++++++++++--
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)