Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1464642
cert update should be minimal impact
Last modified: 2017-06-26 04:46:08 EDT
Description of problem:
- When users need to update cert, they want to make the impact minimal.
- For example, when master.etcd-ca.crt has been expired, it seems we need to use redeploy-openshift-ca.yml. It means that all services including etcd, masters, nodes and docker have to be restarted. That's not good UX and cannot use for critical system.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update master.etcd-ca.crt by using redeploy-openshift-ca.yml.
- All service are restarted.
- Not all services are rebooted.
- There are several options:
a) playbook updates only master.etcd-ca.crt (or all of each certs).
b) use current redeploy-openshift-ca.yml but restart operations can be conducted manually after the cert update.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1451927 ***