Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1465000
[RFE] Cluster-reader user cannot view content(yaml/json) of configmap and deployment config in the openshift console
Last modified: 2018-01-25 16:45:07 EST
We have a team who are involved in helping the teams troubleshoot basic issues while working with OCP.
They are able to view the content on the using the oc command line tool, using command like
# oc get dc xxx -o json
but on the console/GUI there is no option to view the configs. (deployment config/build config/configmap...etc)
OCP version : 188.8.131.52
1. Why exactly do you need this feature? (List the business requirements here)
- As the team which as the cluster-reader permissions need to help troubleshoot issue and accessing the json/yaml on the UI will help the teams respond faster.
2. How would you like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- As the users have access to view the configs and can do it using the CLI. This is be a standard feature for anyone having VIEW permissions in project or on cluster to view them on the UI.
3. Do you have any specific timeline dependencies?
- No timelines
4. Would you be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
- Yes I would gladly help in testing