Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1465047
[RFE] Control X-Forwarded-For HTTP header behavior for httpd based images through environment variable
Last modified: 2017-08-09 15:43:48 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Show IP of Client in access-log
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
When I currently create an php-application that is based on the official image, I don't see the ip of the Client in the access_log. The only ip that I see is the ip of the openshift-router.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
The application will be available from the Internet. For security-reasons I need to know the original client ip that made the request.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
I like to have an possibility to Change the behaviour of the php-instance. The prefered solution is an environment variable that control whether the x-forwarded-for information is shown in the access_log or not.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
no, an interim solution is in place. (Configmap)
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?