Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1465118
Multiple monitor layout not remembered with kernel 4.11.X on xorg
Last modified: 2017-06-26 13:06:49 EDT
Description of problem:
I have 2 external monitors attached to a Dell Latitude E5550 with onboard intel graphics, so using 3 displays total. I am running Xorg not wayland. My monitor arrangement (position and choice of primary) have always been remembered until the update to the 4.11.X kernels. On the new kernel the layout is always reset with every reboot. If I fall back to the 4.10.X kernels everything is fine. I tested again today with 4.11.6-201 and the problem is still there.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
All 4.11.X kernels
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot 4.10.X kernel, log into Gnome with Xorg and arrange monitors and select a primary display
2. Reboot with 4.11.X kernel and all display settings are lost.
3. Arrange monitors and select a primary.
4. Reboot with 4.11.X kernel and all display settings are lost.
5. Reboot with 4.10.X kernel and all display settings are remembered.
On 4.11.X kernel with Xorg multiple monitor display settings are not remembered after reboot.
On 4.11.X kernel with Xorg mutiple monitor display settings should be remembered after reboot.
One of my co-workers has the same hardware configuration and experiences the exact same issue. He is still on Fedora 24 so it appears to be kernel 4.11.X