Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1465158
[RFE] Unable to Utilize Tenancy With Central Admin
Last modified: 2018-05-23 02:03:34 EDT
Description of problem:
Tenants created in subordinate regions are not visible in the global region. This effectively prevents us from being able to enforce any access restrictions or tenancy from the global region.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Deploy a subordinate CloudForms Region
2. Configure a child tenant in the subordinate region
3. Create a group mapped to the child tenant with a role capable of Service Catalog Provisioning
4. Add a catalog item to the root tenant of the subordinate region.
5. Observe the child tenant of the subordinate region is able to see the catalog item (via group/role relationship) and deploy the catalog item.
6. Create a global CloudForms Region
7. Configure global replication on the Global region
8. Enable central admin
9. Observe that the catalog item created in the root tenant of the subordinate region is replicated to the root tenant of the global region.
10. Observe that the child tenant from the subordinate region is not visible in Global region.
11. Add a new child tenant to the Global region
12.Create a group mapped to the child tenant in the global region with a role capable of Service Catalog Provisioning
13. Observe that the child tenant in the Global region does not inherit the replicated catalog from the subordinate region