Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1465402
remediation run during anaconda installation shows "notapplicable" for many rules
Last modified: 2018-02-17 23:16:05 EST
Description of problem:
When user selects profile within anaconda, it is expected to have fully compliant system after installation. With the latest SCAP Security Guide, rules which are marked as "machine-only" are not remedied during installation. Thus machine is returned to user with lots of failing rules (for example all audit-related rules)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install machine with selecting hardening profile, for example pci-dss
2. scan machine with selected profile
3. check /root/openscap_data/eval_remediate_results.xml
2) big number of failing rules
3) big number of rules with result "notapplicable"
2) no, or small number of rules failing
3) no rule marked as "notapplicable"
This bug is more likely to be fixed in scap-security-guide.
PR https://github.com/OpenSCAP/oscap-anaconda-addon/pull/48 fixes the issue.
The real problem was OAA consuming XCCDF by default, and not using CPE shipped with SSG -> Our special 'cpe:/a:machine' has not been understood then.
By using DS, CPE dictionary bundled in is used, thus problem gets away.