Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1466041
[RFE] Display user information in the webUI
Last modified: 2017-06-28 16:33:53 EDT
- What is the nature and description of the request?
Authentication systems such as LDAP or Active Directory often provide user identities that are not recognizable by username alone. In our case the user names assigned are numeric. In the OCP web interface for managing project role membership only the usernames are displayed. Seeing only the numeric IDs on this page make it quite difficult to manage access to the project. We are requesting that other user information such as user fullName be displayed.
- Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
The numeric usernames assigned by the authentication system are difficult to use to manage access.
- How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
The web interface could simply display another column of user information.
- For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Simply confirm if the fullName displays on the web interface.
- Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
unable to find anything