Bug 1466461 - vdsm-client takes at least X4 more than vdsClient
vdsm-client takes at least X4 more than vdsClient
Status: POST
Product: ovirt-engine
Classification: oVirt
Component: BLL.Infra (Show other bugs)
4.1.3.5
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity medium (vote)
: ovirt-4.2.2
: ---
Assigned To: Irit Goihman
Pavel Stehlik
:
Depends On: 1381899
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2017-06-29 13:22 EDT by Avihai
Modified: 2018-01-09 14:22 EST (History)
7 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed:
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: Infra
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
rule-engine: ovirt‑4.2+


Attachments (Terms of Use)


External Trackers
Tracker ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
oVirt gerrit 83552 master POST vdsm-tool: configure: load schema 2018-01-07 10:13 EST
oVirt gerrit 83838 master POST vdsm-api: use pickle schema instead of yaml 2017-11-12 09:06 EST

  None (edit)
Description Avihai 2017-06-29 13:22:17 EDT
Description of problem:
In 4.2 vdsClient is deprecated so using vdsm-client in tests I get timeout failiures.

When I tested both utilities on a 4.1 host I noticed vdsm-client takes X4 than vdsClient .

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.1.3.4

How reproducible:
100%


Steps to Reproduce:
On a 4.1 host with vdsm-client installed do:
1.run 'time vdsClient -s 0 getVdsHardwareInfo'
2.run 'time vdsm-client Host getHardwareInfo'


Actual results:
vdsm-client takes at least X4 more than vdsClient

Expected results:
vdsm-client takes at least X4 more than vdsClient

Additional info:
Taken from client CLI :
[root@storage-ge3-vdsm1 ~]# time vdsClient -s 0 getVdsHardwareInfo
	systemFamily = 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux'
	systemManufacturer = 'Red Hat'
	systemProductName = 'RHEV Hypervisor'
	systemSerialNumber = '4C4C4544-0053-5410-8047-B9C04F465931'
	systemUUID = '07FD09C7-8461-4981-B859-A40C548E10FF'
	systemVersion = '7.2-9.el7_2.1'

real	0m0.382s
user	0m0.272s
sys	0m0.056s

[root@storage-ge3-vdsm1 ~]# time vdsm-client Host getHardwareInfo
{
    "systemProductName": "RHEV Hypervisor", 
    "systemSerialNumber": "4C4C4544-0053-5410-8047-B9C04F465931", 
    "systemFamily": "Red Hat Enterprise Linux", 
    "systemVersion": "7.2-9.el7_2.1", 
    "systemUUID": "07FD09C7-8461-4981-B859-A40C548E10FF", 
    "systemManufacturer": "Red Hat"
}

real	0m1.208s
user	0m0.966s
sys	0m0.111s
Comment 1 Allon Mureinik 2017-06-29 13:28:20 EDT
Avihai - is there any special reason this is on Storage?
It seems like a general infra issue.
Comment 2 Avihai 2017-06-29 13:46:16 EDT
As discussed in the main thread with Piotr Kliczewski , issue has been opened to track this issue.
Comment 3 Piotr Kliczewski 2017-06-30 05:51:00 EDT
I suggest to pickle the schema to a file and package it so the command line client could use it.
Comment 4 Irit Goihman 2017-11-14 03:32:54 EST
After examining loading pickle schema instead of yaml schema, it looks like running time with pickle is almost twice faster than yaml.

# time vdsm-client Host getHardwareInfo

no changes (yaml schema):

real	0m0.951s
user	0m0.888s
sys	0m0.053s


using pickle schema:

real	0m0.535s
user	0m0.483s
sys	0m0.041s

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.