Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1467273
Per-project user messages
Last modified: 2017-07-03 07:04:47 EDT
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
We would like to have the ability to inform certain projects with project specific messages, e.g. on specific things that they have to change in their project. The message should be displayed in the web UI, but it would be nice if it were displayed as well on login in the oc client.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer needs to inform its users about upcoming changes on the platform. Sometimes such changes only impact specific features that are only used in specific project; Therefore some of this communication needs to be project specific.
- Customer has not bound secrets to service accounts; he now has to do this.
- Customer has not yet used limits on pods; when activating quota, he now has to do this.
- Customer's quota is always used up - but customer has configured pods to auto scale; we might want to inform that customer that he should request a more suitable quota.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
We envisage that a simple way to implement this could be to annotate a project's namespace with a label that stands for a message to be displayed.
Optionally, it would be nice if a user can "click away" such a message by confirming that he has read / resolved it.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.