Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 146863
picttoppm omitted from netpbm-progs but manpage still there
Last modified: 2013-07-02 19:05:29 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041020
Description of problem:
The netpbm-progs package deliberately omits the picttoppm program, apparently for security reasons (it's removed in netpbm-10.23-security.patch). However, the manpage for this program is still included, which is inconsistent.
I would suggest either, in descending order of preference:
1. if the security issue in picttoppm has been fixed upstream, reintroduce the program,
2. replace the manpage for picttoppm with one that says that it's been removed for security reasons, or
3. remove the manpage altogether.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. man picttoppm -> tells you how to use picttoppm
2. run picttoppm -> program isn't there
although the source code of picttoppm is present within the netpbm
package, it's not built actually. Thanks for noticing this, I'll
remove picttoppm man page from netpbm and close this bug after new
netpbm release is built.
picttoppm and other man pages without their binaries are now removed since