Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1468686
[RFE] Allow hostpath volume mount from openshift-metrics and openshift-logg
Last modified: 2018-03-12 09:54:36 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Allow hostpath volume mount from openshift-metrics and openshift-logg
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Our openshift-ansible playbook doesn't taken into account hostPath volumes, but for Cassandra and Logging components this type of storage is important.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Without support for hostPath volume mounts the upgrade playbook fails, so upgrading OCP becomes difficult - the workaround being to set the volume cassandra-data to emptyDir before running ansible and mounting it back after the playbook.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Playbook gets support for hostPath volumes?
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
Upgrading 3.4 to 3.5 and following versions.
10. List any affected packages or components.
Probably only openshift-ansible.
This bug has been identified as a dated (created more than 3 months ago) bug.
This bug has been triaged (has a trello card linked to it), or reviewed by Engineering/PM and has been put into the product backlog,
however this bug has not been slated for a currently planned release (3.9, 3.10 or 3.11), which cover our releases for the rest of the calendar year.
As a result of this bugs age, state on the current roadmap and PM Score (being below 70), this bug is being Closed - Differed,
as it is currently not part of the products immediate priorities.
Please see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zdqF4rB3ea8GmVIZ7qWCVYUaQ7-EexUrQEF0MTwdDkw/edit for more details.