Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1471743
Polari - doesn't automatically identify after login, identifying manually does not work.
Last modified: 2017-07-21 09:01:35 EDT
Description of problem:
On Fedora 25, with LVM, disc encryption and auto-login - when I add Freenode, identify with my password and select "save password". On the next login, I'm not automatically identified.
What's even worse, when i manually message NickServ inside Polari, with my credentials - it shows that I'm now identified, but I'm still not connected/unable to use channels that require registered users (for example fedora channel).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install F25, select LVM and disc encryption with anaconda
2. Login after install, update, select auto-login to your user account
3. Install Polari and add Freenode, and add fedora channel
4. Reboot and try using Polari again
Not identified automatically to Freenode, even manual identification does not work - not able to use fedora channel.
Automatically identified and able to use fedora channel.
1. remove all conversations and channels, but leave Freenode added
2. restart Polari
3. wait for it to identify with Freenode
4. add fedora channel - should work now.
See https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=776566 for the upstream issue.