Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1471855
Image postgresql-94-rhel7 doesn't allow to change default log path for PostgreSQL database.
Last modified: 2018-01-25 16:42:52 EST
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Customizable log path for postgresql-94-rhel7 image
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Currently, PostgreSQL DB redirect logs to $pg_log path (/var/lib/pgsql/data/userdata/pg_log/*), and there is no variable that allows the user to change this value.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This behaviour would be very helpful in use cases (i.e.) where the DB logs want to be collected by the EFK stack within the default paths.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Adding an env variable that might allow to change the default log path for postgreSQL DB.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
No BZ, but there is https://github.com/sclorg/postgresql-container/issues/175