Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1472350
systemd presets request - pmcd.service pmlogger.service pmie.service
Last modified: 2018-01-02 09:54:02 EST
* Does the service require post-rpm-installation configuration in order to be useful (for example, does it need manual edits to a configuration file)?
No human interaction is required post-rpm. pmlogger will simply verify the metrics available locally for correctness and generate a configuration matching the sanity check.
* Does the service listen on a network socket for connections originating on a separate physical or virtual machine?
Both pmcd and pmlogger can be configured to do so. However, for the purpose of this bugzilla and being enabled upon install, the default will be configured for with no listening on network sockets (adjustable later by the end-user if desired).
* Is the service non-persistent (i.e. run once at startup and exit)?
* What is the exact name (or names) of the systemd unit files to be enabled?
* Is this request for all Fedora deliverables or only for some Editions (list them)?
Pull-request submitted for Rawhide/F27:
Pull-request was merged for Rawhide: https://pagure.io/fedora-release/c/01024d92dfc35cf4f4a5142409426e4d692aa88e?branch=master
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 27 development cycle.
Changing version to '27'.