Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1472983
Mobile broadband fails on F26 (upgraded from F25)
Last modified: 2017-07-21 04:56:13 EDT
Description of problem:
Mobile broadband connection fails to establish in Fedora 26 (upgraded from 25).
The connection worked as expected in previous F25.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade to F26 (e.g. from 25)
2. Connect (or create and connect) a mobile broadband connection via Network Manager
3. Attempt to connect
- The Gnome Network Manager UI returns to a non-connected state.
- mcli conn up uuid ..... shows "Unknown error"
- journalct (system log) gives more info:
- modem-broadband[ttyUSB1]: failed to connect modem: Serial command timed out
A connection to be established
- Modem does not respond to AT commands at /dev/ttyUSB1
- NetworkManager-wwan-1.8.0-6.fc26.x86_64 is installed
- ModemManager can see modem ok: Huawei ME906E port:ttyUSB1 type: GSM
today NetworkManager-wwan-1.8.2-1.fc26.x86_64 has been installed and WWAN connection is now fully operational.