Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1473278
[RFE] support changes of HTTPD logging config via S2I build in php image
Last modified: 2017-08-08 12:05:19 EDT
Proposed title of this feature request
- support changes of logging config via S2I build in php image
Who is the customer behind the request?
- Account: name (acct #): La Poste - 5366280
- TAM customer: yes
What is the nature and description of the request?
- the customer likes to be able to adjust the logging configuration of the httpd via S2I build
- today, the logging config is part of the httpd.conf, which is write protected for group and others. So it can't get changed in scope of S2I
Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
- the logging format need to get adjusted to have the logs in json format to be abble to process all logs in the same format.
How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- A looging.conf file containing a default logging config should be added to the config.d folder with file-permission allowing adjustments furing S2I build
- inactivate the lines containing the default logging config in httpd.conf.
This would allow to make the logging config configurable, while all other settings in httpd.conf are still protected.
For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- apply a change to the looging.conf file in a S2I build and check if this results in the expected logging format/location.
Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
- Non found so far
Does the customer have any specific time-line dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
- Sales is looped in, so no further input.
List any affected packages or components.
- php70-rhel7 image
- to the customer makes sense to apply the solution also to other images packaging Apache httpd
Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?