Description of problem:
Satellite 6 is not able to sync private registry hosted on Docker Hub.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a registry on https://hub.docker.com
2. Push an image in the registry and make the registry private
3. Create the Docker type repository in the Satellite pointing to the private registry
4. Try to sync the repository
Sync fails with following error:
Could not fetch repository username/registry from registry https://registry.hub.docker.com - Unauthorized or Not Found
Registry is synced.
- Registry entry in Containers > Registries is created and credentials are correct.
- If the registry is not set as Private, sync is working without any issues
- Pulling from the private registry works
Support for authentication to a registry was added to Pulp 2.10.0 here:
Partha, can you confirm:
1) Does sat 6.2 include this feature? The Pulp change would need to have been backported. Katello would of course need to facilitate setting the username and password.
2) Has this been tested against docker hub? Or private registries? Or anything else?
Connecting redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/16481 from this bug
Changes upstream for quite some time.
Verified both upstream and downstream 6.4 snap 3
Removed the needinfo as BZ is verified
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.