Description of problem:
Must update Fast datpath content set (OVS, OVS-DPDK) to OVS 2.9 + DPKD 17.11 on FD production channel to provide stable datapath content for RHEL 7.5 release.
Requires Platform/Virt/Perf QE CI, regression and performance benchmarking for affected datapath features when new bugs or fixes are pushed
FD production channel OVS 2.9 will be consumed by RHV 4.2, OCP 3.x, RHOSP 13
Must have features
- OVN features for HA L3 gateway and routing + others
- NSH with VXLAN-gpe for OVS and OVS-DPDK
- Exact Match Cache removal and optmizations to scale to millions of flows
- OVS in-service hot update, measure update or upgrade time; update time <1s
- MTU negotiation for Jumbo frames, workloads with different MTU requirements
- DPDK guest with vIOMMU and OVS-DPDK in host
- OVS-DPDK inservice update with dpdk ports
- SHould support OVS and OVS-DPDK for BGP VPNs with MPLS over GRE and MPLS over UDP encapsulation, routes learned via Quagga and installed in OVS
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Update to OVS 2.9 and DPDK 17.11 for RHEL 7.5
RFE new feature reqquest
Steps to Reproduce:
*** Bug 1539705 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The openvwitch component is delivered through the fast datapath channel, it is not documented in release notes.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.