Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1475955
Dead links in our rhel 7 documentation for 'storage admin guide'
Last modified: 2017-08-28 10:20:40 EDT
Description of problem:
Would be great to remove these links from the docs as they aren't reachable currently
This is the links that are problematic under section 8.1.1 if you check the NOTE:
The links to open
Either links should be opened OR the links should be removed completely/ replaced with other similar source.
I see the links have been removed.
can we close this bz?
I'm the new maintainer of the Storage Administration Guide. Milan, the previous maintainer, removed the links along with a few others that were probably dead too. Listing them here for reference:
- http://libstoragemgmt.sourceforge.net/supported_hardware.html -- in ch-libStorageMgmt-installation
- https://sourceforge.net/p/libstoragemgmt/wiki/URISyntax/ -- in ch-libStorageMgmt-use
- https://sourceforge.net/p/libstoragemgmt/wiki/Architecture/ -- in ch-libStorageMgmt-use
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/libstoragemgmt/ -- in ch-libstoragemgmt-documentation (section removed)
- https://sourceforge.net/p/libstoragemgmt/wiki/Home/ -- in ch-libstoragemgmt-documentation (section removed)
- http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/doc/tirpc_rpcbind.php -- in s2-nfs-how-daemons
- http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/doc/nfs_ipv6.php -- in s2-nfs-how-daemons
- http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/NFSv4/NFSv4-no-rpcsec.html -- in s2-nfs-useful-websites
Milan didn't replace any of them them with new links and I trust him in that it wasn't necessary. If you think that some of the links were important and that I should find their new addresses or similar information from another source, let me know.
Otherwise, you can close the bug.
You're right, there was no need for additional links.
Closing the bug.