Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 147596
Improve language selection in anaconda and installed environment
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:00 EST
First Language selection screen
- Current it is a messy to have same language with different
- One idea is to separate it to different pull down widget.
- Another idea from Bryan is putting pull down widget for variants
into tree widget
- A issue will be what happen if the translation for the language name
- Another thought is merging keyboard setting and timezone setting
with language section screen to generate a "localization setting"
Language package grouping
- One idea is to remove current confusing "language support" page and
instead adding groups of "language support" in package selection
- This also provide language package selections in system-config-
Will we sacrifaced user's flexiblity in system configuration when we intend to
Could the language of the installation be grouped by locale?
i.e. by language or territory?
Resolving this as most of the problems here have been fixed. Caius, let's clone
the language group part to a new bug and put this as a low priority. Probably it
is for FC7/FC8. Thanks.