Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1477133
pod page better to have link for env var which rc has on console
Last modified: 2017-12-14 15:02:43 EST
Description of problem:
Run a dc. Check environment variable for rc and pod, pod has no "Environment variables can be edited on the deployment configuration." with link to dc env page but rc does have it.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. $ oc run mydc --image=aosqe/hello-openshift
2. Go to pod page check environment:
3. Go to rc page (for compare)
2. There is no fields to edit and add environment variables
Container mypod Environment Variables
The container specification has no environment variables set.
3. rc has "Environment variables can be edited on the deployment configuration." with link to dc env page
pod has no "Environment variables can be edited on the deployment configuration." but rc does
A lot of things potentially own pods, we can't solely rely on the ownerRef so there will be a bit of logic to find the right place to link to. Like in the case of the DC -> RC -> Pod, its the DC we want you to edit. But if it was a StatefulSet then we would go straight to the StatefulSet.