Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1477551
RHEL guest resets selected higher resolution in remote-viewer with window mode.
Last modified: 2017-08-02 08:23:45 EDT
While connected to remote VM user is able to choose a desired screen resolution from the range of supported resolutions. But, selected higher resolution doesn't persist.
# rpm -qa | grep -E 'agent|qxl'
This bug doesn't depend on client. It is reproducible with:
virt-viewer-2.0-12.el7.x86_64 and spice-client-msi-x86-4.1-6.el7ev.noarch
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to User/Admin RHV WebPortal .
2. Have a running RHEL VM.
3. Connect to remote virtual desktop in window mode.
4. With help of a mouse resize remote viwer window to some smaller dimension. Say, 1024x768 (roughly).
4. Open terminal in the client.
5. Type xrandr and check current mode.
6. Type xrandr --output Virtual-0 --mode 1920x1200
7. Type xrandr to check a new resolution.
Actual results: In my case a new resolution is: 1598x769 59.95*+
Expected results: Guest must have new resolution 1920x1200
1. Step #4 is very important.
2. The same is true if you change guest resolution with help of Gnome settings.