Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1477896
Trivial virtualisation of OS fails post install
Last modified: 2017-08-03 03:36:12 EDT
Created attachment 1308605 [details]
Description of problem: After installing the infamous Redstar OS 3, after reboot the virtual loads and then crashes prior to login. It's hopefully and interesting issue to look into as the same process of installation was tested alongside a virtualbox install which did not result in any errors.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Create a virtual machine from within virt-manager and select generic as type. Please note it can only be x86 compatible CPU
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download a copy of redstar os (2 mirrors below)
2. Install via virt-manager:
1. Local Install Media
2. Architecture: x86_64
3. Select downloaded iso from "Use ISO image"
4. OS type: Generic
5. Version: Generic
6. leave rest of options default and click Finish
7. reboot machine once install of OS is complete (clear instructions here with images: https://kevinchen.co/blog/installing-north-korea-red-star-os/)
3. Observe the error message on boot.
The virtual machine is unusable post OS install.
The virtual machine is usable post OS install.
I have attached the vbox config which worked fine for comparison in case I've missed something.