Description of problem:
- Excessively large icons on the desktop after upgrading to 7.4
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- 7.4 GA
Steps to Reproduce:
1. upgrade to or cleanly install RHEL 7.4
- excessively large icons on the desktop
- Icons "Home" and "Trash" now placed on the desktop even if they were disabled prior
- no change in icons or icon size after update
- reproduced by multiple team members in Red Hat
This is because the icon size in Nautilus was also increased by default, it was a design decision.
You can change the size by modifying the Nautilus icon size.
Closing for now.
(In reply to Carlos Soriano from comment #2)
> This is because the icon size in Nautilus was also increased by default, it
> was a design decision.
> You can change the size by modifying the Nautilus icon size.
> Closing for now.
What is your suggested method for making this permanent Nautilus modification?
I see this:
Created attachment 1328448 [details]
screenshot of icon size
The method to change the size of the icons is to change the size in the Nautilus window itself. See attached screenshot. It might be a slider in RHEL instead of a [-]100[+] buttons, but the place and functionality is the same.