Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1480208
Dismiss event in Notification Drawer causes Internal server error
Last modified: 2017-12-20 06:37:21 EST
Created attachment 1311723 [details]
Description of problem:
When removing events in Notification Drawer after some time already dismissed events appear back and they can't be removed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: reproduced in two newest 4.2 engines, not in older one
Steps to Reproduce:
1. go to Events and Alerts notifications in top right menu
2. expand Events
3. repeatedly dismiss the first showed event until error appears
Actual results: Error while executing action RemoveAuditLogById: Internal Engine Error, see attachment
Expected results: no error and event is dismissed
Created attachment 1311724 [details]
Looks to be a backend error, and we (UX) haven't done any changes here lately. Therefore assigning to infra.
Unable to reproduce on master
Have created DC / Cluster / Host and removed events during host installation , worked for me
Please provide exact scenario to reproduce including the exact amount of time you wait to get 6the dismissed event back and which kind of events were produced and dismissed
It could have something to do only with error messages.
Steps to reproduce:
1. try to add 4.1 host to 4.2 cluster
2. incompatible error appears in events
4. go to Events from left menu
5. open Notifications, go to Events tab and dismiss this error (most likely you have to dismiss some info events until this error appears)
6. error disappears from notifications but stays in Events
7. dismiss info events until the error appears again
8. try to dismiss this error
Sometimes the internal error is shown at the first dismiss of this error event. Maybe when is there other error event (e.g. ETL service sampling).
Always new error in events appears "User admin@internal-authz failed to remove event list message XX." and this one can't be then dismissed too.
no Internal error appeared
verified in ovirt-engine-4.2.0-0.0.master.20170831223128.git34f4d69.el7.centos.noarch
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.2.0 release, published on Dec 20th 2017.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in oVirt 4.2.0 release, published on Dec 20th 2017, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.