Created attachment 1322401 [details]
Description of problem:
I went to CONTENT -> ERRATA -> Selected RHBA-2017:2577 (APPLICABLE)
and then tried to apply to a content host "prueba8.example.com" (provisioned via Sat6 moments ago).
The incremental update task failed with "a sub task failed".
The package (binutils-2.25.1-32.base.el7_4.1.x86_64) is not in the content host's content view, it is not found, so i cannot be installed.
I searched the package in Package Search and it is only on the Default Organization View, for some odd reason, the incremental update did not put it in the new content view version 1.1.
Also, it is odd, but the simple content view S_RHEL7 v 1.1 is NOT PUBLISHED to Library !!!!
Also odd, the composite content view C_RHEL7 is also NOT PUBLISHED to Library but it is PROMOTED to DESA !!!!
Also for C_RHEL7, in the "content view" tab, al simple content view version are sill on 1.0 !!!!!!!!
It the first time i tested this with composite content views, is the installation of applicable erratas supposed to work for composite content views?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
i tried once, i cannot setup the test environment again at them moment.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to CONTENT -> ERRATA
2. Select Errata: RHBA-2017:2577
3. Select Content Hosts: "prueba8.example.com" (the content hosts uses a composite content view)
4. Click on CONFIRM. The INCREMENTAL UPDATE begins... it takes its time...
5. Task INCREMENTAL UPDATE, "sub task failed", a very helpful error. (on the content hosts messages, it is shown that the package was not found)
Unable to apply applicable erratas to a content host.
Being able to apply applicable erratas.
Created attachment 1322403 [details]
screenshot of the failed task
Created attachment 1322404 [details]
screenshot of the compoent simple content view
Created attachment 1322405 [details]
screenshot of the composite content view tab versions
Created attachment 1322406 [details]
screenshot of the composite content view tab content views
I tested on the same Satellite 6 instance with another system (RHEL7.2 installed from iso) and another errata, but with a regular simple content view instead. It also failed.
On ANOTHER Satellite 6.2.11 instance, i repeated the test with a RHEL7.2 installed from ISO and a COMPOSITE content view (similar to the first test, but with another errata).
It also failed.
I am unable to apply applicable erratas for some reason.
Created attachment 1323751 [details]
foreman-debug (second sat6.2 instance)
Tried again with 6.2.12 on my laptop sat6, the issue is still present.
I have yet to update my lab sat6 to 6.2.12 and test.
One of my colleagues just reminded me of bug 1488167. It is very likely that this is the behavior that you are encountering. The solution for it is available upstream and is planned for the next Satellite 6.2.z (6.2.13).
As mentioned in comment 10, this is believed to be related to bug 1488167; therefore, closing as a duplicate. If you are able to reproduce the issue after updating to the latest 6.2.z (currently 6.2.14), please do re-open and provide the appropriate details. Thanks!
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1488167 ***